Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 4, Roller coaster day, 4.7.09

Bad: Craig isn't feeling very well, hasn't since Saturday and he hasn't hit bottom yet. That will probably be tomorrow.

Good: When his white blood counts increase, there should be a dramatic improvement quickly.
Good: No inpatient stays and medical staff is being proactive with IV fluids to keep him as an outpatient. No infections yet.
Good: I haven't had to change the dressing on his catheter in 10 days. I'll talk nicely to his nurse tomorrow to see if she'll change it. It takes a nurse about 4 minutes to change one. I need to review the video, read the book and go through $20 of dressings and leave part of a sterile glove on the dressing to be successful. Earplugs would be helpful for both of us since Craig worries aloud when I work on the dressing and I say a few discouraging words.

No comments:

Post a Comment