Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday, June 17, 2009--from Craig:

Anne, our daughter, and Scott Saniuk were married Sunday, June 14, 2009, at Faith Lutheran Church in Pierre. It was a small, family only wedding with about 35 guests, all of them family. It was a really great wedding, certainly the best one I have been to since mine and Gail's. (Ours was still better--sorry Anne and Scott!!) Anne had the most beautiful gown I have ever seen. I walked her down the aisle without stepping on her long train. She was beautiful and radiant, the way a bride should be. Everyone was happy. Gail supervised all the decorating of both the church and the old St. Charles Hotel, where we had the dinner/reception. There will be an additional larger reception at Bellevue, NE, Scott's home town, on August 7. We will be there and enjoy that as well. It was a wonderful wedding and even the weather cooperated. This was the first time we met Scott's family, and they are great people. They accepted Anne and treated her as one of their own the minute she arrived in Omaha a couple of years ago. We were grateful for that, as she knew very few people there when she went there and they were exceptionally kind to her.

As to my health, I am getting along OK, but I still get tired. I am going back to work basically for half days (or less) and I am still getting a 2 hour or so nap in addition to my night time sleep. We will find out more, as my follow-up in Rochester is scheduled for next week, the 22nd and 23rd of June. We will try to post on that visit as soon as we hear back from the Doctors there.

Gail also has a family reunion this weekend, so we will stop in there for a short time on the way to Rochester for my checkup.

That is about all the news for now. We are very happy that Anne and Scott are married. They were able to go on a short trip to Colorado, but are back home (in Omaha) tonight. They both have to work tomorrow. Such is life, but at least they got in a short trip to celebrate their marriage.

See everyone here later!!

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment