Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A week and a half Away...

As most of you who would read or follow this blog know, I am a 57 year old state employee in Pierre, South Dakota who was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in October, 2008. I have been undergoing chemotherapy since diagnosis, and this part of treatment probably is finished or nearly so. The next (apparent) step in treatment is an autologous stem cell transplant, which involves a several month process of promoting my own stem cell growth, collecting my own stem cells, killing any remaining cancer with massive doses of chemotherapy, and re-infusion of my own stem cells to hopefully produce new, cancer free bone marrow. The bone marrow, in turn, makes the various components of the blood such as red and white blood cells. There are important milestones along this road. I will try to keep friends and family updated on this blog. I hope I don't put everyone to sleep!


(By the way, this IS Craig, not Anne and Scott posing as Craig, so this post is the genuine article----ha,ha)

No comments:

Post a Comment